Pedestrian Accidents

If you or someone you know were hit by a car, truck or motorcycle, you should immediately seek medical treatment to determine the nature and extent of your injuries. Do not delay seeking medical treatment while waiting to determine who will pay for your medical care. As a pedestrian, there are a number of sources available to cover your medical treatment and to compensate you for other damages you’ve incurred, such as broken bones, surgery, pain and suffering, emotional distress and lost wages.

The driver who hit you will generally have a provision in his or her automobile insurance policy called “medical payments to others.”  This “med pay”  coverage allows your treating physician to bill the insurance company directly for your ongoing medical care. The driver of the vehicle that hit you and his or her insurance company will also be required to pay for your damages.

In one case Mr. Achrem handled, a young boy was riding his bike across Rancho Road in the pedestrian crosswalk on a green light. Before he could reach the other side of the road, the light turned red and he was struck by a vehicle that should have easily been able to see him. Mr. Achrem was able to obtain the full policy limits that were available and the boy eventually recovered from his injuries.

Under certain circumstances, if the driver was uninsured, or didn’t have enough insurance to fully compensate you for your injuries, you may be able to assert a claim against your own insurance company through the Uninsured “UM” or Underinsured (“UIM”) portion of your policy.

Determining who is ultimately responsible for your injuries and damages, and whether or not there is sufficient insurance available to pay for those damages, can be quite complex.  Edward J. Achrem & Associates has been litigating pedestrian accident cases for more than 43 years and we have the skills, expertise and resources necessary to help our clients in even the most complicated cases.

Call (702) 734-3936 today for a free consultation.  We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case.  If you’re outside Nevada, call us at (888) 734-6789.


Years of Experience


Hours In Court


Closed Cases

$175 Million

Dollars Recovered