Signed or Recorded Statements

If you as a policy holder are making a claim against your own insurance policy (which is referred to as a First Party Claim), you usually will be asked to complete an accident report in order to give your insurance carrier sufficient information to allow the company to conduct a proper investigation into the facts of the accident. Please note that Nevada law requires you to cooperate with an investigating police officer, and your insurance policy will usually contain a provision that requires you to reasonably cooperate with your insurance company.  Additionally, in any accident involving personal injury, or property damage of $350.00 or more, the drivers involved in that accident must submit a written report within ten days of the accident to the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles. Beyond that, it is not necessary for injured persons to give a signed or recorded statement to have their claims receive proper consideration. Our firm recommends against giving statements without consulting with an experienced attorney first to learn more about your legal rights. Recorded statements are for the insurance company’s benefit, NOT yours.

Edward J. Achrem & Associates has been handling personal injury cases for more than 43 years and we know how to handle an insurance company’s request for a recorded statement.  Give us a call at (702) 734-3936.  If you’re outside Nevada, contact us at (888) 734-6789.  The call is free and our legal advice will make all the difference.


Years of Experience


Hours In Court


Closed Cases

$175 Million

Dollars Recovered